Who doesn’t like a house that’s perfectly made? The smooth contours of walls and the tidy finish of the ceilings are enough to intensify the look of your place. But imagine, if these remained cracked and started flaking? You’ll obviously cringe at the sight of such walls and surfaces and would want to repair them immediately. And what if your newly designed and repaired home shows all these issues?
Basically, a newly built or repaired surface shouldn’t show any kind of defects. But if it’s happening, then you’ll have to check if the plaster wok below the paint was done correctly. Because, most of the time, a poor plaster work often leads to your paint and walls getting destroyed even within a few days after rejuvenation. This obviously means you have to spend to get the same work done once again and get the problem fixed from scratch. It’s better to avoid the issue by hiring the best plasterer in Maidstone, DH White Plastering offers the best services of the same through their experienced workmen.
Common Plastering Defects Leading to Serious Issues!
If you are under an assumption that only old walls show the defects that may occur due to poor plaster, then you are highly mistaken. Even newly built walls often show the below listed signs that clearly speak that there was an issue in your plastering work. It’s better if you act upon repairing the issue as soon as you notice these signs to prevent further damage to your surfaces.
- Uneven Plastered Surface —If your final surface seems uneven and undulated, then it’s basically due to faulty plastering work. This would obviously lead to your painted wall being uneven too.
- Debonding of Plaster — A debonding of plaster simply means that your plaster gets separated from your wall easily and this may happen if a very thick layer of plaster was applied on the wall. Also, if your plaster is contaminated consisting of oil or dust in it, even then the plaster starts separating from the wall.
- Cracks in Plastering — Whether it’s just hairline cracks, or some wide ones, if cracks appear on your surface, there can be various reasons for it, and one of the prominent one is faulty plastering work! This eventually leads to cracks in your painted walls and surfaces as well.
- Visible Rust Stains on Surfaces —You can view these rust stains on iron pillars or base that’s plastered recently. When the plasterer doesn’t know the technique of covering the metal properly, you can see the rust stains on the finished surface as well.
- Blisters on the Surface —Blisters on walls and ceilings can be too ugly and irritating. And this occurs when the layer of plaster isn’t worked upon properly or the material was corrupted.
- Grinning on Walls —When you can see the layer beneath the painted or plastered surface revealing the exact lines and shapes of it, it’s called grinning. This mostly happens when the workers don’t put an adequate layer of undercoat under your plastered walls.
Apart from these, if you view plaster peeling or crazing or white efflorescence layers on your surface, be aware that your plaster hasn’t been perfect and need a fresh hand immediately. The earlier you manage the same, the lesser expense you’ll have to bear later!