You’ve completed all the necessary steps to get your cleaning company up and to run. You have been working hard to build your client base. Your business has grown so much that you cannot do all the work while managing it.
It’s time to hire cleaning staff. But you don’t know where to start. It can be overwhelming. What are the best ways to find out what you should look for? How do you know if someone will meet your expectations? How can you advertise for a job?
This article can help you relieve some of the stress. This article will provide tips for hiring employees in the cleaning industry, such as the best qualities to look out for and the steps you should follow to make your hiring process smooth.
What are the key characteristics to look for when hiring cleaning staff?
First, determine what type of employee you are looking for. You won’t hire the right people if you don’t know what you are looking for before you post a job advertisement. Consider what makes you a good candidate for the job: trustworthiness and friendliness.
It would help to look for these top traits when hiring cleaning staff.
- Friendship. Clients should feel comfortable with you.
- Trustworthiness. Clients entrust you with their safety zone. Clients will have many valuable items. It is important to be able to trust others you are sending into their homes. You may want to run a criminal background check depending on your clientele.
- Previous cleaning experience. It is hard work and intense to work for a cleaning company. Someone with prior cleaning experience is a good choice. People with experience in physically demanding jobs are also an option.
- Ability to solve problems. Even if there’s a team in one place, each employee will need to work alone to cover more ground. Employees should be self-motivated and independent enough to solve minor problems without relying on others. Work flows smoothly when people have problem-solving skills.
- Dedication. A team must be dedicated and will show up when they are supposed to. ).
How to write a job ad for cleaning
- You need to ensure that your job posting is noticed when you post it. The job ad is often the first contact someone has with your company. A job seeker will need to know more about your company and why this job is right for them.
- A job title is the first thing someone will look for, followed by the job description. Next, the potential candidate will scan the job ad to find out about the company, the expected salary range and any benefits.
- You won’t likely be offering any medical benefits because you are starting a small business. This can be replaced with other perks like vacation and sick leave.
- Bullet points are often overused and skimmed over. Write heartfelt sentences to create an emotional connection with your job posting. To give your job posting a human touch, include real company photos. Your ad should be structured with headings so readers can easily find the needed information.
- Closing your job advertisement should include a call-to-action. You can use expressions such as ‘click here, ‘call this number or send your resume to this email’ to encourage potential applicants to contact you after they have finished reading your job advertisement.
How to advertise cleaning jobs
- Today’s technology-driven world makes it easy for people to search the internet for jobs. These popular job boards can be a great place to start your search for cleaning staff.
- Your website. A website can be a great way for potential employees to get to know you.
- LinkedIn. You can also view the profiles of those submitted to your job posting. There is a charge to post a job advertisement on this site.
- Facebook. For 30 days, you can freely post a job advertisement on your Facebook Business Page. If you wish, you can pay to increase the post.
- Indeed. Indeed is a very popular job board. It is free to post your job, and it is often very easy to create a post.
- Monster. Monkey is another job-posting website that receives a lot of visitors. Although there is an access fee, the website tries to make it easy to post jobs.
- Craigslist. Craigslist is another website that allows you to post j